Thursday, May 28, 2009

Searching For God (Part One)


This blog has been a long time coming. I have written it after much thought and debate... Everything you read here after is personal findings and facts of my own accord...


For a few months now I have not been able to find a connection with God. I went searching for him once before and this time I turned up empty handed. Here it is again after three in the morning and I cannot make sense of it all.

I would have to assume that the catalyst of this past search would be that I was thinking about my son. How I still hear his cries in my sleep. How I can’t get the sound of his last breath out of my head and it is absolutely torture. Every single time I see a dark haired green eyed baby boy I just want to pick him up and go “oh there you are! I’ve missed you!” I know its not going to happen but in my mind if it were that’s how it would play out. I admit I day dream a lot.

Then it continued with how the whole process just does not make any sense to me. I was searching for some one to explain the logic behind Christianity and how those people who show up every Sunday were some how in their eyes more worthy than any one else on the face of the Earth because they had “seen the light” so to speak. Maybe that is what I have the hardest time with. It seems like there are a certain type of “Christian” that acts like a spoiled rich teenage brat. Like they are some how “entitled” to the kingdom of God because every Sunday they go to church and have their small groups and bible studies and then come home and make the rest of the world feel inferior or some how not part of the club.

I have a problem here. I really don’t see how “God” can accept some one who is two faced and belittling and generally a nuisance to the general public by their false sense of entitlement and spewing of right wing propaganda into heaven as to say my Father. Some one who doesn’t believe in God but goes into the trenches of hell on earth every day. Who risks his life for those by even worldly standards are beneath what should and is being offered. It sickens me to think that in “gods” eyes he is less worthy then lets say my biological father, or my sister in law or Mother in Law or even my own husband.

I used to think that my relationship with God came into question and subsequently died with my son on September 12th 2008 but I now see that it has been long and coming and I just want to be able to see where the break was. So I can effectively treat it. If that is, it is a treatable break and not something I am better off just severing all together.

As for right now I do not believe there is a God. I still have my roots buried in religion and tradition because that is the person that I am. It has been a part of who I am since I was born. I just don’t know how I can continue to live my life with out TRULY believing. I need to find out how... Or better yet if I can...

Until Part Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment